dvd backup

Logov 23:39 03 Mar 2006

I bought myself a well watched dvd of the Shawshank Redemption from a red cross shop for the extortionate price of £1. As its well watched I tried it on my dvd player and then on my pc. Both times it played great but when I tried to make a backup (due to its state) using dvd shrink and then trying a new programme to me called dvd cloner, I get error messages. Indeed, when playing on the pc using both windows media player and real player, I'm used to seeing the film's title, menu etc but instead I see "unknown DVD" and then a list of "Titles" in numerical order ie Title 1, Title 2 etc. Am I missing a decoder or codec?

Dipso 00:11 04 Mar 2006

Is it definitely an original?

igr 00:23 04 Mar 2006

When DVD Shrink fails, DVD Decrypter usually works

Logov 00:28 04 Mar 2006

Yeah, I wondered about that too before I passed over my £1 and so I checked the reverse and found all the etched(?) writing within (ie serial no., barcode, maker) that you wouldn't find on a copy. The colour of the disc was right too. I'm 99.9% certain the disc is an original.

Logov 10:39 04 Mar 2006

Where can I get trial version of DVD Decrypter, or is it shareware? Also, is it fairly easy to use?

Hertz Van Rentyl 10:45 04 Mar 2006

It blends in with DVD shrink somehow as well as being usable on it's own. You get an option in shrink to use it to burn. Get it here
click here

GroupFC 10:50 04 Mar 2006

I think that this s/ware is no longer available according to click here and click here but have a look at click here

As to ease of use, I am not sure as I have not used it myself.

GroupFC 10:51 04 Mar 2006

DOH - too slow! (again!).

Belatucadrus 10:59 04 Mar 2006

DVDDecrypter click here

or

DVDFab Decrypter click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?