DVD authoring software

Tonycablejr 20:19 29 Oct 2007

hello everyone

i've got some avi files but looking for a good DVD authoring package. i use to use convertxtoDVD, but have decided that its toooo basic for what i want to do.
does anyone know of a good one? basically i want something with good menu creation in it, and somethhing that will convert the files then burn them in DVD format

thanks in advance.

eedcam 22:53 29 Oct 2007

Free you could try dvd flick click here any of the editors will do Adobe premiere elements .Magix or Ulead all have free download trials. Magix in particular has more menus and music tracks than you'd ever need

Wak 10:56 30 Oct 2007

You could GOOGLE for these two FREE programs and try them,
Video DVD Maker, and
Sothink Movie DVD Maker.

David4637 12:41 31 Oct 2007

Will Video DVD Maker, and Sothink Movie DVD Maker import a *.VOB file from a DVD and put the images on a time line, or are they just conversion applications? Thanks David

Wak 12:06 01 Nov 2007

The programs I suggested above may be too basic for you but this one could be what you want for better titles, etc.
click here

Wak 12:13 01 Nov 2007

I usually store my DVDs as MPEG files on a DVD as you can get 16 to 17 1/2 hour programs on a single DVD for storage. The two programs mentioned above will convert the MPEG files into VOB files for playing on the TV, etc.
They will also accept VOB files but perhaps it would be better for you to check them out yourself regarding the timeline.
Sorry I can't be more helpful.

I am Spartacus 12:50 01 Nov 2007

Adobe Premiere Elements 3.0 is pretty good although it costs around £65.

There's a trial version click here

I am Spartacus 12:53 01 Nov 2007

I didn't realise that version 4 is out click here

David4637 13:49 01 Nov 2007

Surely MPEGs will not play on a standalone DVD player, they have to be converted to VOBs?
When I meant will it put images on a time line - that would allow the images to be editted - add transitions, fade in/out etc. Thanks David

David4637 14:33 01 Nov 2007

Just been looking at the DVDStyler link you gave.
There appears to be 3 files that you download for version 1.5.1. (I have XP). Do they have to be installed in a particular order? The site is a little vague about these files and what they do? Thanks David

johnnyrocker 14:35 01 Nov 2007

i must confess i am confused as to whose post/problem this is.

johnny

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?