DVBT usb dongle driver needed

coubury 18:46 09 Feb 2007

i got this today a DVBT USE DONGLE to watch freeview threw your computer but i tried to open but wont work i looked and i dont think the driver is designed for vista

can some one please get me a vista driver

coubury 19:07 09 Feb 2007

it dosent gave a make are model

heres the ebay link were i bought it

click here

coubury 19:24 09 Feb 2007

its blaze media hdtv player i think is causing the problem i dont think it supports vista

is there any other software i could use?

coubury 19:28 09 Feb 2007

i just need a media player that will support this kind of thing any ideas?

coubury 19:50 09 Feb 2007

DVBT A05

coubury 05:26 10 Feb 2007

anyone its a af9005

coubury 07:06 10 Feb 2007

ok i get this eroor with blaze media which came with the device

click here

boot-it-out 10:58 23 May 2007

I bought something similar ( possibly even the same but not from E-Bay, but there are no pics left on the link to the advert you posted so I can't be sure ) and had the same problem.

Mine also came with Blaze HDTV player on a mini CD-ROM.

After lots of head scratching and not much help from manufacturers I have managed to get this device working on my Vista Home Premium laptop.

( I found that the manufacturer was "Afatech" and the latest Vista driver is available on their web site at :
click here )

I used the second driver package on the page for "AF9015", although I found this was identical to the one supplied on the Blaze HDTV mini CD-ROM so check your CD to see if it's there, in which case you don't need to download anything !

The CD-ROM supplied with the device, after installing the Blaze TV program, ran through a driver installation routine, installing the AF9015 BDA driver, version 6.9.2.81 WHQL to the computer.

When plugging the device into the laptop, Windows automatically tried to install drivers and failed, which is why I thought the supplied drivers were not Vista compatible - NOT SO !

What you have to do when Windows fails to find the drivers, is to force a manual search for the drivers ( that were installed from the CD-ROM, or installed from the downloaded package described above ), by selecting the option to "Browse" for the drivers, then selecting the main "C:" drive with the "Check sub folders" box ticked.

This forces the computer to search every location on the computer for the drivers, which will take quite a while.
The drivers ARE eventually found ( four separate drivers are found and installed ), after which the device is recognised and works successfully :-) !

It's a shame that the installation CD-ROM doesn't include details telling you where the drivers are installed to, ( which would allow you to browse and locate them more easily ) and that Vista doesn't find them automatically, but if you follow the above it should work. :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone