DVB-T stick (scanning problems)

herbyeel 15:54 27 Jun 2006

I recently purchase a usb DVB-T stick Maker V-GEAR/ARCSOFT SOFTWARE and a problem has arisen software installed perfectly,and first scan using supplied antenna produced all the freeview channels with excellent reception. I then took my laptop to my office (self employed) and could not get a tv signal so I re-scanned still no signal. Returned home and scanned again in the same room as original excellent signal received but no signal. Uninstalled software and re-installed still no signal. Contacted manufacturer but they do not support their product, other than FAQ which did not help. Have tried different antenna but no go. Sent stick back and it was returned as working okay. But it would still not pick up a signal. I then connect the stick to my roof antenna and it worked perfectly.(but this destroys the object of buying a mobile source as I travel a lot) I live in a very strong signal area on the top floor of my apt. block What puzzles me is 1. How did it pick up originally with perfect results but since then has failed miserably? Has anyone encountered the same problem, and did they remedy it? I have WXP Home SP2 Drives 51.58 GB free space 11.99 Gb I have given this extra info. but I do not know if it helps. Any help gratefully received Thanks HE.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?