Dust and dirty screen

lecram 12:27 06 May 2007

Not a software or antivirus question, may seem like a bit of a strange request but recently got a new laptop. How does one safely clean the screen (which gets suprisingly dirty) and combat the large amount of dust that collects on the rest of it???.................and no not a super neat freak....in case you were wondering.

SANTOS7 12:34 06 May 2007

click here

you can buy isopropyl alcohol from most chemists,good luck...

johndrew 14:35 06 May 2007

Alternatively you could buy a tub of monitor wipes (something like click here ) but make sure they say they are safe for laptops; those for glass only may well damage the screen.

Noels 19:14 06 May 2007

I had this problem 3 or 4 yrs ago and have only just solved it.
Go to your local opticians and buy a small bottle of glasses (spectacles) cleaner and a microfibre cloth. Spray one very small squirt of glasses cleaner onto the cloth and gently wipe over the screen and all over your other equipment. It's surprising just how long it keeps them dust free.
My cleaner is "Puhdistusaine" by HILCO and is sold by most good optiians in the UK.

Regards

Noels

investa 10:16 07 May 2007

The manufacturer of your computer ought to have given you information on this matter. Have a look at your computer manual.

Strawballs 13:28 07 May 2007

I just use babywipes when the laptop is off and the screen is cold then wipe dry with a soft tissue.

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:50 07 May 2007

Spectacle cleaner is the one I use for all types of screen and also Windolene spray cleaner.

G

Diemmess 15:10 08 May 2007

Microfibre cloths are amazingly effective even if using only slightly damped with plain water.

I believe that spectacle cleaner is largely Isopropanol with a litte scent to make you 'feel' you have the right stuff!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone