Duplicated threads and posts.

Forum Editor 19:18 30 Jul 2005

Many of you will have noticed that we've been seeing an outbreak of duplicate threads for a while now - many of the threads contain duplicated posts as well.

Thanks to the excellent feedback you provided last week we have been able to track down the causes of these problems - or at least we think we have.
We've devised fixes which will put things right, plus a couple of other tweaks which we needed. To make absolutely sure everthing is going to work we are currently running a duplicate test forum on the server - which only PCA staff can access. We're testing this site exhaustively for a few days to see if our fixes are doing the job, and all being well we'll put in the new code next week.

In the meantime I hope you'll bear with us - there's been a lot of activity behind the scenes over the past week, and I think we're nearly there.

octal 19:20 30 Jul 2005

Thanks for the feedback, if I see anyone post complaints about these probs I'll refer them to here.

stalion 19:20 30 Jul 2005

Thankyou for the update,keep tweaking
Regards

SLAYER 19:21 30 Jul 2005

sounds good,lot of trouble getting to the site today,thanks

VoG II 19:22 30 Jul 2005

I'm probably a rather sad individual but I find these - especially the 'cross-linked' threads - rather amusing.

Thanks for the update FE.

woodchip 19:23 30 Jul 2005

Glad that the post's we made was some good, It must have taken some sifting through, to find the problem

CurlyWhirly 19:56 30 Jul 2005

Despite the duplicate threads and posts at least I am not seeing too many server errors and the forum is fast as well!

dagwoood 22:27 30 Jul 2005

Thank you for keeping us appraised of the situation. Whatever you have already tweaked seems to have done the trick for me, this site's never been faster.

p;3 22:48 30 Jul 2005

wouldnt it be rather fun to be on the test server and...::))

but thanks for the feedback, though as Vog says above, some of the cross-links etc are amusing:)

ade.h 22:55 30 Jul 2005

I wish it was as quick for me, Dagwood. I'm still getting a lot of errors and can't reach very many pages without at least 2 or 3 attempts.

Still, at least things are progressing behind the scenes. FE; I know you and your staff must work their butts off to keep things (mostly) in working order. It's greatly appreciated.

Dan the Doctus 01:06 31 Jul 2005

You'll never catch me making a duplicate post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)