Duplicated e-mails.

I have sent a colleague an e-mail at work from home. After receiving it the first time he keeps receiving the same one at 5 minute intervals even though my PC is off. He has received the same e-mail 14 times now!! Any ideas why and how we can stop it?

Taff™ 10:21 27 Dec 2007

Is he getting it through a company e-mail system or a personal mail system configured to work at the company?

It sounds like either a fault with the former or a large file attachment on another e-mail timing out with the latter.

It is a company e-mail system. The attachment was a small excel file. Is it the work e-mail server?

Taff™ 10:32 27 Dec 2007

If your colleague has received your e-mail with the small attachment it`s more than likely that it is the company system. I presume mail is downloaded from the company`s ISP and then redistributed from the company mail server.

If however your colleague downloads e-mail direct from a domain name it could be an e-mail with another corrupt or large attachment causing the mail download to stall. It will then make further attempts (downloading your e-mail every time) until it is successful. The way round this is to log into the account using webmail and see what other e-mails are on the server. If they can see a troublesome e-mail it is best to delete it and inform the sender.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The 12 best apps for drawing and painting on your iPad

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?