Duplicate Karaoke CDS

hvcomm 08:46 05 Feb 2003

Can anyone tell me how to copy karaoke cds using a cd-writer or dvd writer.

JoeC 08:50 05 Feb 2003

can do it. From here click here

hvcomm 08:57 05 Feb 2003

JoeC could you help further, the web page does not list cd+g.

JoeC 09:05 05 Feb 2003

Download a trial version, then go into Help and then search. You will find this:-

Creating a Karaoke CD
Creating a karaoke CD is rather complex because the karaoke filter must be set individually for each song.

Create an Audio CD as described in the chapter 'Burning audio files from CD' or 'Burning audio files from your hard disk'.

Please note the following points:

First, create a new audio compilation and drag the audio tracks you want into the compilation.
In the compilation window, double click the song on which you want to set the karaoke filter.
Activate the 'Karaoke' filter on the Filter tab.
Specify the strength of the effect, the vocal balance and the quality of the conversion.
Click the Test Selected Filters button to play the song and ensure that you are happy with the result. If you are not happy, change the effect strength and vocal balance, and test again.
Now click OK to confirm your changes and close the dialog box. The name of the filter will appear in the 'Filter' column in the compilation window.
Now repeat the relevant points for each additional song.
Burn the karaoke CD when you have converted the songs.

hvcomm 09:10 05 Feb 2003

Will this also copy the graphics and lyrics as well as the music?

JoeC 09:18 05 Feb 2003

but a trial download and a couple of ( perhaps ) wasted CD's ? Worth a shot anyway. However, someone I know in the DJ business tells me he has done it to protect his very valuable investment in case they get nicked. Mind you, I don't know about any subsequent insurance claims from him !! : }

JoeC 09:24 05 Feb 2003

Technical bumff:-
VideoCD V2.0 (VCD) is a standard for saving video data on a CD. It gets more data on a CD and allows interactive selection of the CD's contents. Special players such as CDI a DVD players support this format. The video and audio dataflows are compressed with MPEG-1, Audio Level 2 and played at realtime speed (75 blocks a second). Because this format and video/audio data generally tolerate bit errors the space that is normally needed for error correction can also be used for MPEG data. This increases the amount of user data in a block from 2048 to 2324 bytes per block, giving the VCD 13% more capacity compared with MPEG file storage on a data CD.
The Super VideoCD (SVCD) format is an extension of the VCD standard in which the MPEG-2 compression standard is used with variable bit rate coding which allows twice the bit rate of the VCD. As a result the SVCD also offers enhanced image quality, however total playing time is reduced when the full bandwidth is actually used. At maximum bit rate, an SVCD only stores around 35 minutes of videofilm as against 70 minutes on a VCD.
An (S)VCD is an XA disk with several Mode-2 tracks. The first track usually contains Form-1 blocks with the normal 2048 bytes per block and stores a CD-ROM (ISO) image so that the CD can be read by a PC. Certain files and directories are required by the standards:
(S)VCD: Information about the available tracks and how they must be played
EXT (VCD only): More detailed information about the type of playing; only relevant for CDI players
CDI (VCD only): This directory contains the Philips CDI application and its utilities. These files are licensed by Philips and taken from the Nero root directory. This application is needed for playing tracks on a CDI player.
MPEGAV (MPEG-2 for SVCD): The AVSEQxx files contain the MPEG tracks on the Video-CD. The first track only contains references to the data which are stored not in the first track but in the subsequent tracks. This means that although these files have a long nominal length they do not require much space in the ISO track.
SEGMENT: The ITEMxxxx files represent the encoded single pictures. They are stored in the first track as Form-2 blocks and have a fixed length of 150 blocks.
The encoded files can be played on a PC provided a suitable package such as Windows Media Player is installed. DVD player software is required for MPEG-2.

Other files and directories can be added to the CD-ROM. These are ignored by a player. (S)VCD also supports other special functions such as karaoke and hierarchical menus with pictures, but these are not used by Nero at the present time. Nero simply takes a list of MPEG or picture files and writes them to a CD in such a way that playing starts immediately with the first file, and the player's forward and reverse keys can be used to skip from file to file

no looks no brains no worries 12:00 05 Feb 2003

Not many readers and writers will cope with cd+g disks. One that I know will is the one I have, Plextor 161040A. I believe most Plextors and Yamahas will write cd+g and there are others. You can find several websites giving full instructions on how to do it using various programs, try searching using Google. hth.

TomFinneythebest 16:14 05 Feb 2003

Using a plextor writer & click here software a friend of mine succeeded, but only as a backup for his young daughter,s Karaoke machine it definately worked, dont ask me how he did it I havn't a clue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?