Duff !! Radeon 2700 or Monitor ????

birkdalite 08:00 06 May 2003

Switched on this morning,during post all letters and numerals mixed black and white.Desktop has blue & pink lines and dots all over screen with blue shadows under everything.Any one give me a quick diagnosis please???

LastChip 08:48 06 May 2003

Have you tried switching your PC off and trying again? I know it seems obvious, but occasionally, I get a strange boot-up, and this clears it.

Next, try un-plugging your graphics card cable and re-connecting. It's amazing what a minor connection problem will cause, if that doesn't work, try gently wiggling the cable at each end during boot-up, and see if the situation improves. Broken or loose wires are often found at the extremities of the cable.

Further, (taking anti-static precautions), remove your graphics card from the machine and try GENTLY cleaning the connectors. Be careful not to touch them with your hands. Apart from the static risk, grease can be removed from you to the connectors, and eventually cause corrosion.

Finally, your down to substitution. Have you got an old graphics card you can use to try, or maybe borrow a friends monitor to see if you still have the problem?

birkdalite 13:12 06 May 2003

Thanks Last chip I should have known better but sometimes panic sets in before brain gets in gear. Borrowed graphics card, and all ok, replaced faulty card at local dealer. Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?