Dual XP/Vista O/S's

JODEM 09:06 18 Jul 2008

I have successfully repaired my XP o/s using the Windows Installation disc but I now find I cannot boot into Vista as the window offering me the choice no longer appears on boot up and it boots straight into XP. Can anyone help ? Thanks.

Terry Brown 09:26 18 Jul 2008

Did you use the same partition (or drive) for both installs?, if not one would have overwritten the other.
You need to partition your hard drive (or use another drive) and load xp on one and Vista on the other.
Hope this helps.
Terry

ronalddonald 14:16 18 Jul 2008

I magree with Terry youve probably overwritten visa when install xp.

out of curiosity is vista better or xp since you use both

JODEM 15:41 19 Jul 2008

Thank you Terry Brown and ronalddonald for your replies.
My Partition Magic and My Documents show both the C and V partition on the HD are intact with all the files etc but as stated before it is on the bootup that I do not have a choice to select Vista.
If I/we cannot remedy the problem it will look as if I will have to do a complete disc format ,repartition and load both XP and Vista.
As to my preference as to XP or Vista I have had XP since it's introduction and the Vista I am still on the learning curve.
I like XP as it has vitually no software problems whereas Vista I still have one or two, but I am now finding that XP is more prone to crashes and bootup problems compared with Vista

PO79 15:52 19 Jul 2008

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?