Dual Monitor Set up

Chadders1989 19:20 06 Dec 2007

Hi
I have a dell inspiron 530, a packard bell LCD monitor, and a LCD HD Tv with pc input. I can use either the screen or tv when plugged into the CPU via a pc input, but was wondering if it would be possible to have both showing simultaneously?

I have one pc input on the CPU, and 2 ports further down, that are slighty different, white in colour, not sure what they are though. I have an apaptor to plug into these which came with the PC, but i dont get signal when using them for some reason.

Any help greatly appreciated

SANTOS7 19:41 06 Dec 2007

click here

this may help...

Chadders1989 19:53 06 Dec 2007

Will i need an extra video card if i only want to show the same image on both?
Also im wondering why i cannot get a picture when using the adaptor and the "white" ports,(i dont know the name of them)

Technotiger 19:54 06 Dec 2007

Ummm, CPU? stands for Central Processing Unit, which of course is the heart of the PC and positioned on the Motherboard!

Technotiger 20:00 06 Dec 2007

I have the GeForce 6600 card, set-up is similar to SANTOS7's link - using my normal analogue TV as a second monitor, which I have only set to show as a clone of my PC monitor. FSX looks pretty good on TV screen which is much bigger than PC monitor.

Chadders1989 20:03 06 Dec 2007

yeah, but how did you set it up technotiger
what ports did you use
and leads?

Chadders1989 20:37 06 Dec 2007

ok so i know what i meant by the white ports- DVI.
So when i connect via VGA the monitor works, but when i connect by DVI it doesnt. Do i have to go DVI to DVI ports, or can it be one end VGA and pne end DVI?

rossgolf 22:15 06 Dec 2007

no they have to be the same each end unless you use an adaptor
i think anyway

Technotiger 22:22 06 Dec 2007

Mine TV is connected through my DVD Recorder/Player/TV Tuner via S-VHS cable to my PC's Video card.

Chadders1989 22:36 06 Dec 2007

ive cracked it
thanks for everyones help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?