Dual Layer write problem

baldyx 11:46 07 Aug 2007

I get the following error message when writing to Dual Layer discs:

'Session fixation error,Could not perform end of Disc-at-once.'

I have no problem before ,may be this particular brnad (Aone) of dsic faulty??

Please help.

eedcam 13:53 07 Aug 2007

Sometimes it has to do with the layer break setting If its a movie dvd try using img burn freebie to burn with

baldyx 18:37 07 Aug 2007

Thanks but I have used Imgburn which also gives the error. I have before used Imgburn to write to single layer discs successfully. This is something to do with Double layer disc I think.

baldyx 19:00 07 Aug 2007

I have more info from Imgburn :
I/O error
Power calibration Area is full

Don't know what it means!

eedcam 22:44 07 Aug 2007

Possibly either the brand is not acceptible or the lens may need cleaning. Are you using a different brand to before

Stuartli 22:48 07 Aug 2007

Is your DVD rewriter able to write to DL disks?

megat193 00:05 08 Aug 2007

I have problems with Sony, BenQ and LiteOn DL burners which fail on Ritek and DataSafe DL discs. I have now found that they will all write happily to Verbatim, albeit these are more expensive. I believe the other safe brand is Taiyo Yuden, again more expensive than Ritek etc. DL Failures usually occur at the layer change, sometimes when first scanning the disc, others at the actual burn.

Stuartli 08:53 08 Aug 2007

Taiyo Yuden is probably the finest blank media manufacturer in the world - many top brands rebadge its products under their name, which is why I use Imation and Infiniti media amongst others.

baldyx 12:37 08 Aug 2007

I recently bought brand 'Aone' dual layer disks which is causing the above problems.
My dvd writer (internal to DEll pc ) does write Dual layer disks as I have written many disks of brand TUFF DISKS in the past.

I have also contacted the vendor (SVP) for their advise and they have suggested some ideas which I will try and then report back to you. Thanks.

eedcam 12:48 08 Aug 2007

Well there you go my first attempt was with Tuff disc Dl a while back and I could'nt burn them..Used Verbatim since no probs

baldyx 11:34 21 Aug 2007

Even after upgrading the firmwares on both my dvd writers the 'Aone' branded dual layer disks are not working.
I am getting refund for them !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Ryzen news - release date, UK price, features and specifications

The pulp art of 80s computer game magazine covers

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment faire des captures d’écran sous Windows 10 ?