Dual BT broadband setup

badgermansix 08:20 26 Apr 2005

WinxpHE.

I have just been sent another modem, voyager105 plus spliters, from BT because I changed my broadband package.
I now have the original Voyager100 going spare, it was working o.k.
I have two PC's. and I could use broadband on both if I unplugged the modem USB cable from one and plugged into the other.

My question..I thought that if I used two spliters from a double socket(?) at the telephone junction box, I would be able to use the second modem to save me unplugging each time,
but this does not work, not even if one PC is switched off>

Any comments please?

Bagsey 09:04 26 Apr 2005

Check out this thread.
click here

Noelg23 10:40 26 Apr 2005

ok hold on...I am now confused...please start from the beginning and I will see if I can help...

badgermansix 21:33 26 Apr 2005

Bagsey, thanks for that link, it is very interesting to me, As I said, I have two PC's, now both with their own BT Broadband modem and splitters.

But even if I have the modems connected to different telephone sockets and splitters, and one PC is switched off, I cannot connect to BTBB with the other, unplug the switched off PC's modem,from the splitter and the other is fine.

Noelg23..I don't know what else to say :-))

howard60 22:34 26 Apr 2005

I have 2 pcs each with their own adsl modem. They are in separate rooms each with a phone socket and of course a filter. Whichever one I use works just fine without removing the connection from the filter. Both pcs cannot connect at the same time but I do not have to unplug anything. With 1 pc switched off their will be no signal at the filter so the other should work just fine.

badgermansix 10:05 30 Apr 2005

I have tried all combinations :-(((
as long as I remove the modem cable from one filter (in different rooms) the other works fine.
Its a pain but at least I can use them both, although I don't understand why they will not work if one PC is switched off?
Thanks anyway>

badgermansix 08:30 25 Jan 2006

I have been told by BT that I am on the edge of the envelope to recieve BB and that is the possible reason?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

11 must-have iMessage stickers packs by Jean Jullian, Christoph Niemann, Jon Burgerman & more

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Que faire en cas de vol ou perte de votre smartphone ?