Dual botting XP Pro and MCE

woodbexhill 15:28 12 Jul 2006

Just installed Windows XP directly from CD onto a partition. I now have 2 partitions, one with Win XP one with Win MCE.

Now, when i restart it boots straight to standard XP and doesnt offer the choice of booting MCE.

The partition with MCE on it is still there, and so are all the OS files.

How can I let it give me the option to boot MCE, or do I need to edit my boot.ini or something?

Startup and Recovery box only shows XP on the drop down list, no MCE, furthermore, it is set to display OS list for 30 seconds (it doesn't (although i presume it bypasses this if there is no altenrative OS option set).

What do I do?:)

woodbexhill 15:47 12 Jul 2006

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional2" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

Ok so I modified a line in the BOOT.ini, well in fact I added a line, and changed the name by stickin a 2 on the end and changd the partition to 3. I selected this option, and amazingly, it booted Windows of some kind, not sure if it was this or MCE, and then STOP Errored me and rebooted before I could see the error... so does this mean it's booted off the partition but now MCE has decided it's not going to work, or what? Confused :/

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache