Dual Booting two Vista operating systems

jonmichael 17:54 08 Nov 2007

I have two hard drives the one I am using for Vista contains Vista Home Premium. This is my bootup Drive. C Drive

I would like to install Vista Ultimate on my second spare hard dive and dual boot either of the drives.

I would like advice on how to set the system up
Both hard drives are Sata and are 320 GB each
Thanks for any help

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:13 08 Nov 2007

You could use GRUB as your loader click here

paul€ 19:02 08 Nov 2007

I tried this, for awhile, with IDE drives. then took it off before I had to activate ultimate.

It was a simple as booting from the cdrom with Ultimate in and selecting the second drive for the installation.

This provided a dual boot option, pre-windows,of both operating systems. It will make Ultimate the default operating system.

jonmichael 20:47 08 Nov 2007

Dear Sir
Thanks for your advice and your suggested method. I don't think that I do what what you say I would not be sure of the method. Thanks for trying to be helpful.
johnmichael

Big cog 21:20 08 Nov 2007

Disconnect your C drive install the OS on your second drive.
Reconnect your C drive when you boot the computer pres F8 .The boot manager will
Display the option of booting from ether drive the master boot file will be on both drives
So one drive dos not depend on the other.

jonmichael 15:42 09 Nov 2007

Hi Big cog
Many thanks for the information I will eventually give this a try I am not sure when. I will let you know if I can
Best Regards
Jonmichael

jonmichael 15:11 20 Nov 2007

Hi
Thanks for your advice for dual booting two Vista systems I did what you suggested and it worked perfaectly.
Many Thanks
Jonmichael

Big cog 21:05 14 Jan 2008

Your very welcom jonmichael.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?