Dual boot XP and Win 95

scribble88 14:26 10 Jul 2003

I am a bit of a novice at this computer thing. I need to be able to have win 95 and XP on my notebook. I have a 30 gig hard drive that is seperated into C: and D: drives appoximately half in each. I looked on the internet and found one software manufacturer that makes multiple boot software ($120.00 U.S)and someting on cnet that is shareware that does the same thing($25.00 U.S). I don't understand the blurb from the knowledge base on dual booting. Help me please!!!!!!, I am still suffering from OZ being beaten in the rugby by you guys.

Please help this struggling Aussie!

Philip2 14:37 10 Jul 2003

Who made your HARD DRIVE?? Maxtor website has a free download to partition and format the drive i don't know if it will work in your case but i have used it on none Maxtor drives and it was ok.
May i ask why you want Windows 95 as this is not a USB aware system even the later release was very limited.

graham√ 14:56 10 Jul 2003

Look in XP help, it tells you how to do it. Just put 'partion' in the search box, choose 'instal more than one operating system'.

graham√ 14:57 10 Jul 2003

'partition' works better!

scribble88 14:57 10 Jul 2003

philip2 thanks for advice, I will go to the website. I am still a little nervous about partioning or formatting my hard drive. I have read some good reviews about master booter, a program that sets up your hard drive to dual boot. What do people think?

scribble88 15:10 10 Jul 2003

Thank you so much Graham I will give this ago. We might beat you at most sports but, this forum is so helpful. Thankyou so much.

graham√ 15:46 10 Jul 2003

You're welcome, Bruce. G'day.

Philip2 16:25 10 Jul 2003

The Maxtor floppy partition and format is very easy to use you just follow the prompts.You will loose all of your data back up data you want to save.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires