dual boot xp and ubuntu or other linux setup ....

Jaro 19:39 29 Oct 2007

hi everyone. i have just sorted some problem i had and i thought i would post it here if some other people have the same problem.

i had xp installed on my laptop and i decided to try Linux UBUNTU the new one ver.7.10 so i could have dual boot setup. i have used partition manager to to create another two small partitions for UBUNTU one for system and one for swap files. now all went well i have installed new system and restarted and voalaa i had linux perfectly running on my laptop. i was happy till i tried to boot back to XP :( and it would just go to the XP start logo and than it would just restart back to the main boot menu. i thought that i will have to reinstall windows so i was not happy at all but when i tried to boot from XP install CD i just couldn't get anywhere it wouldn't work as i always did :(

now the solution : the good part :) what actually happened was that partition manager hide the main windows partitions so what you have to do is to is unhide partition using ULTIMATE BOOT CD click here . once the partition is unhiden than you can boot back to XP without any problem. hope this will help someone who is in position as i was.

cu JARO

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?