Dual Boot and Wifi Keyboard

Penguin21 14:38 07 May 2014

I have a dual boot system, XP and 98SE, with a Microsoft Wireless keyboard and mouse, based on a Foxconn MB (760GXK8MC). The keyboard does not function until the OS has loaded so I cannot select the OS I require from the dual boot menu. Looking at several forums this appears to be an old problem so nothing new there BUT, when I first start the computer I can use the delete key to access the start menu but then the keyboard doesn't function on the dual boot menu. So, I have keyboard and mouse that work, then don't work, then work. I've tried all USB sockets (2 front and 4 rear) without success. Yes I can continue using wired kb and mouse but that isn't the plan. Help?

Jollyjohn 14:48 07 May 2014

Look in the BIOS and look for a setting "USB legacy mode" or similar and enable it

If it is already enabled or that doesn't solve the problem then the only alternative is to leave a wired keyboard plugged in just for OS choice.

You can have both wired and wireless connected. My 6yr old son uses a wired brightly coloured keyboard for typing messages but reverts to the wireless for general use.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?