dual boot problem

Mrobjojo 19:21 07 Jun 2009

hi,have set up my pc to dual boot xp and windows 7,windows 7 boots ok,but xp will not boot due to system 32\hal.dll missing.am stuck what to do.advice would be greatly appreciated.thank you

OTT_Buzzard 20:03 07 Jun 2009

Not sure that the dual boot is related to your problem. How far through the boot process does XP get?

Terry Brown 20:14 07 Jun 2009

The missing file is in I386 on your XP CD.

This link will help you to fix the problem. click here
If you do not have an XP CD, perhaps you could borrow one from a friend, or you could try this site click here I have not tried it myself, so you do so at your own risk.
Terry

Mrobjojo 20:16 07 Jun 2009

It does not make it to the windows loading screen,the screen goes black with the massage about hal.dll missing,have been looking on google and there is a few posts refering to drive letters,whem im in windows 7 the xp partition letter id now d,dont know if this has any relevance,thank you for the reply

Mrobjojo 20:52 07 Jun 2009

I dont have an xp cd and cannot get hold of one,so am a bit stuck.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:12 07 Jun 2009

What op system on the machine you are posting from or is this the windows 7 boot?

Mrobjojo 19:12 09 Jun 2009

have managed to get into xp,but no longer have the option to boot into windows 7,i want to keep my partition,but how can i remove windows 7 from the partition, without messing up xp again.
thank for the replys

Mrobjojo 19:15 09 Jun 2009

Or would it be possible to restore boot loader ,without messing up xp again,or would it just leave me with the same problem.thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017