DSO Exploit

superspark 14:49 26 Jun 2004

when i run spybot, to detect problems, it always finds DSO Exploit - 5 entries. Can anyone advise how to fix this reoccouring problem?

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:54 26 Jun 2004

click here;action=display;num=1082096807

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:56 26 Jun 2004

you need a program called DSO Stop click here this will close 1 of the DSO exploits the other 4 don't matter.

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:57 26 Jun 2004

errrm...it's the 4th one down entitled 'DSO exploit'.

G

Cook2 16:13 26 Jun 2004

Sorry to gatecrash but I started a thread earlier regarding this exploit.

I followed GANDALF <|:-)>'s link and found the following.

Advice from Taffy 65.

After Spy Bot searches your hard drive and gives you a DSO error - double click on the file, and open it.

It will show you possibly several files with errors, on the far right hand side you will see a registry symbol. If you left click on it, it will take you into the registry and highlight the file in error. Right click on that file and delete it. Repeat the process to delete the other files.
WARNING - only delete the highlighted file.

I tried it, the answer is so simple, and it works.

Cook2 19:28 25 Aug 2004

After Spy Bot searches your hard drive and gives you a DSO error - double click on the file, and open it.

It will show you possibly several files with errors, on the far right hand side you will see a registry symbol. If you left click on it, it will take you into the registry and highlight the file in error. Right click on that file and delete it. Repeat the process to delete the other files. WARNING - only delete the highlighted file.

It will show you possibly several files with errors, on the far right hand side you will see a registry symbol. If you left click on it, it will take you into the registry and highlight the file in error. Right click on that file and delete it. Repeat the process to delete the other files. WARNING - only delete the highlighted file.

JayDay 20:04 25 Aug 2004

Get the beta version of SpyBot S&D.

The latest Beta Relaese of SpyBot (1.3.1) now gets rid of the DSO exploits.

To get this beta version open Spybot in the Advanced mode. Open the Settings section then click "settings". Scroll down to "Web Update" then check "Display available beta versions" Then search for updates. It will appear as an update.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?