DSLMON Application

holburn 19:08 01 Feb 2009

When I started up my PC tonight I got a message from the right-hand side of the bottom taskbar. "Windows has blocked a start-up programme, (DSLMON Application, produced by Gteko Ltd). Can anyone enlighten me on the meaning of this?

skidzy 20:51 01 Feb 2009

Do you have a Sagem Modem ?

If so,this is a false positive and probably one of your anti's has had a buggy update.

holburn 22:03 01 Feb 2009

Hi, thanks for your reply but I really am a beginner and Sagem Modem, false positive, anti's and buggy updates are 'way above my head.

brundle 22:11 01 Feb 2009

click here

Basically, allow the service to run at startup.

holburn 22:54 01 Feb 2009

Thanks for your reply, the link was very, very, helpful. As you know, you are given three courses of action that can be taken when confronted with the Blocked Start-up Programmes, 'Run, Disable or Remove'.I note that you have recommended that I let the programme run. Is this because you know that it is safe to do so?

brundle 22:59 01 Feb 2009

As skidzy mentioned, it's part of the software installed with a Sagem USB modem. We are assuming that's what you have and yes, that software is safe. If you don't have a Sagem USB modem, or you had one but use a different method to connect to the internet now then it may need removing.

holburn 23:08 01 Feb 2009

Hi Brundle, thanks for your reply. My modem, the one that I have always had with this pc, is a 'Zoom ADSL USB Modem'. If this is not a 'Sagem' and I am too green to know, does this change your chain of thought?

brundle 23:44 01 Feb 2009

That file is part of the Zoom modem drivers too. It's safe.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone