dsl connection problems

sercs 20:45 29 Feb 2008

i have been having problems with my dsl sync recently. it disconnects me then regains it almost instantly, but the times it does this are irregular meaning it can do it at anytime of day for any time period, usually no more then 1 hr.

its very anoying as when i play xbox live it kicks me out and ruins my game aswell as msn etc.

i use a modem called the speedtouch 585 V6. i am wondering how i can stop this, and what reasons their are for it doing this?

my internet provider is tiscali and i have tried replacing the filters and they are not faulty

NEED HELP PLEASE ANYBODY!

sercs 20:46 29 Feb 2008

ASK ANY QUESTIONS THAT WILL HELP YOU, HELP ME TO FIGURE OUT A CURE FOR THIS PROBLEM. (THIS MODEM IS ROUGHLY 4-5 MONTHS OLD AND HAD ONLY BEEN HAVING THIS PROBLEM SINCE MIDDLE JANUARY)

sercs 22:14 29 Feb 2008

anybody at all can help?

ambra4 23:49 29 Feb 2008

Have you upgrade the firmware on the modem to 6.2

click here

tullie 07:14 01 Mar 2008

This is not a live chatroom,someone who can help you may pop in and answer,how about answerng ambras quetion in the meantime

Tech Guy 15:33 01 Mar 2008

Check that your idle time is set to 0 in the connection properties

sercs 12:34 02 Mar 2008

sorry i have been out recently, no i havent upgraded my firmware to the 6.2 version, but i read that the newest firmware will come as standard to speedtouch 585 v6 modems after june and i had this modem delivered by tiscali in mid october

how do i check the idle time?

aswell this is a really random problems, doing it at any time for a short period of time, it didnt do it at all really yesterday(saturday) but some days it will do it repeatedly

sercs 12:37 02 Mar 2008

is it possible to check which firmware i have installed on the modem?

and i also read somewhere that when you download firmware onto a product that you got the the internet provider itself it wont allow you to upload new information to it as they are keeping it in check? but when you buy the product from a electronics shop, say like currys or comet, you have to instal the firmware myself?

sercs 13:00 02 Mar 2008

just found out that i do have the latest firmware

so the problem is somewhere else?

sercs 15:37 02 Mar 2008

any help?

sercs 20:17 05 Mar 2008

i am stil losing my dsl sync at random time, i am wondering if anybody at all has any reasons for this?

could my firewall be intterupting the dsl sync ??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Comment afficher des fichiers cachés sur Mac ?