Dr.WEB CureIt! 4.44.5 29.06.2008

erbing 20:41 29 Jun 2008
  birdface 21:03 29 Jun 2008

Bad site according to McAfee.

MAT ALAN 21:08 29 Jun 2008

Can't see anything on this website to suggest its bad...

the prog in question does not offer real time protection and to update you have to uninstall and reinstall, so not for me!!!

birdface 21:38 29 Jun 2008

Have you anything on your computer that tells if you are in a bad site.I am not saying everything on the site is bad but something making McAfee giving it a red warning.

MAT ALAN 21:46 29 Jun 2008

searching on this website has no ill affect on my PC i get no pop ups any suggestion of spy/malware and can find no reference to this site anywhere else that suggests it has malicious content...

Mac70 21:46 29 Jun 2008

Why not just download it from DrWebs website?

MAT ALAN 21:52 29 Jun 2008

I personally cannot see the point of downloading a prog that has no realtime protection and as i said before, to update this prog you have to uninstall and reinstall (pointless) there are far better free progs that offer better protection...

birdface 21:55 29 Jun 2008

There has been some good results with others using this program.So I am not trying to run it down.I have used it myself in the past.I know it did help.But for the life of me I can't remember with what.

Mac70 21:57 29 Jun 2008

Ive never instructed anyone to use it, personally. I think it was good for file infectors. I dont see it being used so much now.

MAT ALAN 21:58 29 Jun 2008

I am sure it is a good prog and will probably find virus definitions that others do not but when you are competing with the "superantispywares" of this world its a hard act to follow...

Belatucadrus 00:16 30 Jun 2008

Very nice scanner to put on a USB stick if you're visiting a sick PC, much more comprehensive than Stinger or avast! virus cleaner. Has no installation routine, so can be run from the stick.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?