DropToCD

mgmcc 15:23 17 Jun 2004

I rather like this little program from the cover disk of issue 107 and have used it quite a lot.

However, I've just installed a DVD RW drive and, although DropToCD is also supposed to support DVD, I cannot get it to work with DVD media. It does display the correct information about the DVD disk in "Info & Options" and it works fine with CD media in the new writer, but just gives an error about disks not being formatted when trying to "record" on a DVD disk (actually DVD+RW)

Does this "freebie" version actually support DVD or has it been crippled so that only CD-R and CD-RW can be used?

Old Shep 15:35 17 Jun 2004

I woud say it is an old program as often 'given away' by computer mags. Interestingly their web site is closed but click here for a shareware version of 4.24

mgmcc 15:55 17 Jun 2004

Old Shep,

Thanks, but the cover CD version appears to be the same version number (actually 2.24) as on their own website at w_w_w.sateira-software.com and in the site that you linked to.

TomJerry 16:38 17 Jun 2004

here is website click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?