Dropped Connections

Mavisk 17:52 20 Jan 2006

I have a network connection between two pc's,the one
with XP has an intel pro network card,and is wired to a linksys wag 354g router,and the other is
win 98se,which has a belkin network card installed .
Everything is now configured ok,both pc's can connect to the internet, see each other, and share files and printer etc .
The problem I'm having is that every couple of days or so,sometimes longer,my connection drops,and the green light on the router just flashes constantly,and
I am unable to connect to the internet,no matter what I try,rebooting pc,router etc.
I've noticed that if I then try to connect via a dial up connection, I still have as back up,that as soon as it connects,the green light on my router then comes back on,and my adsl connection is then active again.This happens every time without fail.
Can anyone shed some light on what could be causing this problem,and what I can do to sort it.
Many thanks.

Mavisk 11:20 21 Jan 2006

Anyone ??

De Marcus™ 11:25 21 Jan 2006
  Mavisk 12:04 22 Jan 2006

Thanks for the link,I have tried many of the tips suggested,ie moving router,changing channels etc,but I still lost my connection over night.I connected via dial up,and my adsl connection became active again.
Its a mystery why its happening,don't think its a problem at the ISP's end as no one else seems to be complaining.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?