DropMyRights will not run

wagcol 13:16 05 Jan 2007

I have installed DropMyRights from MS web site (featured in Jan PC Advisor issue) but it refuses to run on my Windows 2000 SP4 system, sying that it cannot find ADVAPI32.dll. This dll file is in the system32\DLLCACHE folder, I have checked that it is there. I have uninstalled an reinstalled this app several times but always with the same refusal to to run. Please help.

brundle 13:20 05 Jan 2007

It should also be in system32\ itself, dllcache is where the backups for system file checker/file protection are kept

Coff 14:45 05 Jan 2007

I don't think DropMyRights was written for Windows 2000. (I've never been able to get it to work, anyway.) Alternatives that do work are :

PsExEc click here
Shortcut example, "C:\Program Files\PsExEc\psexec.exe" -l -d "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE"

Reduced Permissions click here
Shortcut example, "C:\Program Files\IntelliAdmin Reduced Permissions\rpermission.exe" "C:\Program Files\mozilla.org\SeaMonkey\seamonkey.exe"

AMUST click here
(You can create additional shortcuts i.e. you're not limited to the default IE.)
Shortcut example, "C:\Program Files\Amust\1-Defender\1-Defender.exe" C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\Firefox

I've used PsExEc and Reduced Permissions in Windows 2000 but, when using a browser, there was no ability to copy and paste a link. You might have better luck than me. Due to that I use AMUST when using Windows 2000 as copying and pasting works ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?