Dropbox - Unable to connect

tAtu*! 21:58 17 Jan 2011

Hi guys

I am trying to install Dropbox on my Win7 64 bit PC. When I go through the set up, I get a message stating ' if your computer connect to the internet via a proxy server please specify and re-connect. I don't connect via a proxy as far as I know! so I select no proxy, but the install wont move on, it states unable to establish secure connection?

(using KIS 2011, MBAM, Threatfire as my security)
Can anyone help?

Thanks

GaT7 22:03 17 Jan 2011

These are all the solutions I could find regarding 'proxy' via a search at click here:

click here, click here, click here, click here, click here & click here

One of them hopefully has the answer you need. G

tAtu*! 22:20 17 Jan 2011

thanks Crossbow7, I have tried all the links in the help screens, but still no joy!

Can not connect because of 'proxy settings? I have dropped Web Anti-virus and Firewall to minimal settings as I thought KIS2011 was stoping it, but no joy.

GaT7 22:25 17 Jan 2011

Dropbox official forum posts regarding 'proxy' click here.

If those don't help either, I guess the next best thing to do is post a new thread in their forums click here.

All the best with it. G

tAtu*! 22:39 17 Jan 2011

Thanks

I am going to try it on my brothers laptop with Avast and not KIS (via my wireless at home) and see if its a computer or an internet problem.

Cheers

M

robin_x 22:46 17 Jan 2011

I had no probs with W7 Home 64 (UAC on max), running Avira.

Did it ask me to grant firewall access on install? can't remember.
Try your firewall OFF not minimal. Also router firewall. temporarily of course.
Try uninstall/reinstall to see if a Allow access box pops up. It's easy to click past without thinking.

tAtu*! 21:09 19 Jan 2011

Hi all

Sorry for delay, I have managed to install dropbox at last! I have to close down KIS2011 to allow dropbox to upload a document. I have gone through individual settings in KIS and even if I de-select firewall, or web AV I still cant access dropbox. So, the only way is to close KIS which I dont want to do.

Has anyone else had this problem or know what I can do so i can keep my security open whilst using dropbox?

thanks

robin_x 00:45 20 Jan 2011

You need to mark Dropbox as an exception in Kaspersky.

click here

tAtu*! 09:35 20 Jan 2011

thanks robinofloxley, I have already set dropbox with full permissions. Totally stumped, so I have emailed Kaspersky and I will wait to see what advice they offer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Interview: Camille Walala on her giant 3D installation inspired by childhood funfair visits

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Où regarder le British Open 2017 ?