drop down option values

FOEYDO 12:28 22 Oct 2008

Hi I want to create a drop down menu with different options for example
option value="red.php">red /option>
option value="blue.php">blue /option>
option value="green.php">green /option>

I want whatever option they choost to take them to a different page. What do I need to put at the begiing and end to do this?

Kemistri 17:14 22 Oct 2008

Your value needs to be a URL (relative URLs work fine of course, though you missed the forward slash in your example) and the action is controlled by JavaScript. You should provide conventional anchor links as an alternative whenever you use JS navigation.

bate78 12:01 03 Nov 2008

Hey Everyone,

I want to include a drop down menu code on my site click here on the left sidebar, so that the menu should be like the left sidebar menu of click here.
In such a way that when a menu Item is clicked like Meeting Information in click here, there is a drop down list menu and when Meeting Information is cliked again, the drop down list is not seen!.
Please help me with such code to include on my website: click here

Kemistri 15:55 03 Nov 2008

I can see that you are new here, but per the forum guidelines, you need to start a new thread instead of hijacking.

As this is a very simple one, I might as well answer this here. The site to which you linked uses JavaScript to control its main nav, which is totally unnecessary and clearly bad practice (around 10% of visitors will not be able to navigate and will quickly go elsewhere) so you need to use the very simple and fully accessible CSS method. click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?