Drop down menu for Closing down

TN 00:14 01 Jun 2008

I recently had to format my hard drive and re-install all my programmes. Previously when I selected Shut Down I got a box with a drop down menu giving me choices of re-start etc and on CTRL-Alt-Del I had a similar box displayed with 6 options. Now I get a display showing the three options to shut down, re-start or Stand By. This may not be very well discribed - after all it IS after midnight on a Saturday night!!! But I hope someone can understand and tell me what I should do to get my little drop-down menus back again! Many thanks in advance.

ACOLYTE 01:43 01 Jun 2008

Im not sure,all i have ever had is the 3 choices you mention,shut down,restart and standby there was also change user by log off,but thats about all i ever had on mine.

powerless 02:15 01 Jun 2008

Control Panel, User Accounts, Change the way users log on or off, Uncheck: Use The Welcome Screen

birdface 08:52 01 Jun 2008

You are right.Looks like since downloading SP3 you do not have the close down options on Taskmanager.That could cause a few problems.

TN 10:07 01 Jun 2008

Thanks Powerless - you have hit the nail on the head - all is back to normal again. I know it is a very small thing but it was bugging me! Again thanks to all for your help. It is appreciated sincerely.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?