Drop Down Bar In Firefox

KeithMV 14:06 24 Aug 2008

Can anyone tell me how to stop the annoying protection bar in Firefox 3. How can I disable it, I am going mad with it everytime I want to view a page

skidzy 17:43 24 Aug 2008

What are the pages in question Keith ?

The protection bar is there for a reason.

KeithMV 17:46 24 Aug 2008

Virtually every page I try to go to from an e-mail, or even within a program trying to direct to another page...within that program. It happens all the time.

Keith

skidzy 17:51 24 Aug 2008

Are you being redirected to the same page or same website Keith ?

Im using FF3 and have no problems,maybe the odd occasion when going through Google links.

Can you post a link that you are having problems with,we can check this out and find out if its a setting within Firefox that needs changing.

KeithMV 18:01 24 Aug 2008

It happens to virtually every link I try to go to, could it be because sky.com mail is through googlemail ?

KeithMV 18:01 24 Aug 2008

It happens to virtually every link I try to go to, could it be because sky.com mail is through googlemail ?

Sea Urchin 18:25 24 Aug 2008

You've posted this same question in Absolute Beginners - stick to one at a time - it's confusing for everyone.

Have you tried the solution I suggested there?

KeithMV 18:34 24 Aug 2008

Sorry I did realise that I had posted on the Networking forum and mailed the editor straight away. I thought it had been deleted or closed. I will now go over to the absolute beginners forum.
sorry for any problems I have caused on here.
Keith

skidzy 18:44 24 Aug 2008

So its when you click on hyperlinks within your email and not directly through the browser and typing the same address.

What happens when you copy and paste the email link into the browser ?
do you get the same result ?

Sea Urchin 18:44 24 Aug 2008

No problem caused - just can be a bit confusing. Anyhow glad you got it sorted.

skidzy 19:19 24 Aug 2008

Now im confused ? is the problem sorted or not ? Lol :-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Nokia 8 vs Galaxy S8

Best new design books 2017: From vintage infographics to the the psychology of type

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Nokia 8 : design, caractéristiques techniques, date de sortie