drm on pdf

john 10:27 13 Dec 2008

I have purchased and downloaded a pdf ebook.

When I try to open it I get a message that says that 'This document requires digital rights management features supported by Adobe digital editions'.
I downloaded Adobe digital editions and can now open the ebook but any images are blank. I have searched the support section of the site that I purchased from and it says that this happens because their pdf's do not support any reader above version 7.
Unfortunately I have Vista and can only use version 8 and above.
I have contacted the support of the site that purchased from but thought I would pose the question here in case they do not reply.

Is there any way around this?

howard64 11:51 13 Dec 2008

there are other readers [free] for opening pdf's try looking on google.

john 11:56 13 Dec 2008

I have tried some other readers but every time they fail to open the pdf because of the security.

howard64 12:15 13 Dec 2008

have you tried serif page plus they can open most pdf's and you can download a free older version of the prog.

john 12:26 13 Dec 2008

Yeah thanks, I have Page Plus X3 and when I try to open the pdf it just asks for a password which I don't have.
I can open the pdf with Adobe digital editions but then no images are displayed just the text. It appears that if I were using adobe reader version 7 I would now have any problems, of course I can't install reader 7 on my vista pc because it's not supproted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?