Drivers for Wireless USB Adapter

drewett 12:04 14 Feb 2008

I have just re-installed Windows XP on my laptop, and went to start installing everything again when i realised that i've lost the drivers cd that came with my wireless USB adapter.

I have tried searching the web for them but to no avail.
My adapter is talktalk model:SNU5630NS/05.

Could someone be kind enough to help me out? and tell me what i need to do.

Thanks

Graham. 12:19 14 Feb 2008

You will have to contact TalkTalk click here and ask them to send another CD.

recap 12:26 14 Feb 2008

click here and register, the USB adaptor you are wanting is made by Philips.

Reading the thread click here as somebody esle had the same problem.

Covergirl 12:27 14 Feb 2008

I went onto the Philips site for a Vista driver for my SN5600 click here and I've just done a search on SNU5630 and SN5630 and it's not found.

Looks like a philips model number but might not be. Keep searchig

drewett 12:44 14 Feb 2008

Thanks for your help.

Graham, will talktalk still send me another cd even though a)i'm not with talktalk b)i got the adapter free with a router from ebuyer?

Recap, was looking good but when i tried the link to the download it didn't work :(

I think i may have installed the adapter on my pc, is it possible some how to get the drivers off there?

I can't believe what an idiot i've been, i always keep all my computer discs together, not this one though!

Covergirl 12:59 14 Feb 2008

You'll probably find that this is the driver for the whole Philips SNU56XX series click here

Presumably you're connected by cable so should be able to download.

drewett 13:10 14 Feb 2008

Covergirl, i tried that earlier. It asked me to plug in my adapter, which i did, and nothing happened.

I'll probably end up having to buy a new wireless adapter.

Covergirl 13:15 14 Feb 2008

Aye - sounds like yr adaptor is rubber ducked. No problems with mine. Cheap enough online. £15-30 in the likes of Comet, Currys et al. Best of luck.

recap 13:16 14 Feb 2008

Here is the link again drewett click here it's driverguide.com no www before the url.

drewett 14:31 14 Feb 2008

Thanks recap, i was a bit too impatient earlier as i went straight to the second link!

Thank you for your help.

Just need to find my WPA key, which i think i might have lost as well!

crosstrainer 15:37 14 Feb 2008

If you've lost your WPA, just log into your routers admin screen and change it :)

...Oh and write it down somwhere safe :) I have around 100 in a secure folder on my laptop, and my xda for backup clients are alway's ringing for the ones they have lost!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

The secrets of creating gory VFX

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache