Drivers for NTL B/B Modem help please

bof:) 12:40 01 Jun 2008

Hi all, a friend has purchased a new PC and has tried to plug NTL Modem into it that she normally connects to the internet with and it asks for the drivers for said Modem.

I've looked on the virgin website and cannot find anything that helps,

The Modem is:

NTL Home B/B Internet, Model 60194E - A12

its Silver with a USB connection.

Can anyone help please? Many thanks,

Mike

crosstrainer 12:46 01 Jun 2008

Modem should have come with a cd containing the required drivers:

click here

Click the NTL link on the right hand side of the page, download the drivers and see if that helps.

johnnyrocker 12:47 01 Jun 2008

i would think your friend needs to do an install of ntl first.

johnny,

birdface 12:53 01 Jun 2008

New Pc.Tell her to use the Ethernet Connection.That should connect immediately without any discs.And if it does not connect immediately switch off Modem for 10 seconds then back on.It should then be connected Ok.

birdface 13:03 01 Jun 2008

Or underneath it should tell you what Number.This might help.click here

birdface 13:04 01 Jun 2008

Oops sorry ignore that click here,That was for an Ambit model.

birdface 13:17 01 Jun 2008

Or try this one.Underneath the modem it should give you a model number.100.120.200.250 pick what one it is and try.click here

bof:) 13:59 01 Jun 2008

Hi all, johnyrocker unfortunatly they cannot find the original disk.

Crosstrainer many thanks for the link, I'll ring my friends and ask for more details of Modem or which one theirs most looks like.

buteman, there is only an USB lead running from the modem.

thankyou everyone

PS, I've wondered if I could copy and paste the modem drivers from their old PC but the o/s was winME and now they have winXP home on the new PC. Would this be a problem?

Mike

crosstrainer 14:59 01 Jun 2008

Yep, a big problem....don't go there! Get the model and download the drivers...You will also need the NTL software (Your friend may have to contact them for a replacement CD if he / she has lost the original)

BT 15:58 01 Jun 2008

Is it a Cable or a Telephone modem?

I use a model 250 cable modem with an ethernet lead (it takes USB as well), and have twice had to re-install my computer since having it. It has not been necessary to load drivers. The disc that they gave me originally just put loads of unnecessary stuff on my computer and has not been used on either re-installation. You do however need to configure OE of course. To facilitate this we save/export our account configurations onto a disc/usb stick which makes it simple if it needs doing.

bof:) 11:57 02 Jun 2008

Hi all, my friend managed to find the origial cd that NTL gave them with the USB modem.

I went into Device Manager and and searched for the driver for the modem which was found on the cd and installed as normal.

Thankyou everyone for your help it was very much appereciated.

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?