Drivers for live 5.1 sound card

Migwell 23:46 23 Mar 2006

I have a Audgity 5.1 Live sound card for which I have been trying to Re-install the drivers onto my computer.

Each time I try to reinstall the drivers from the CD that came with the sound card, I get a sign on the screen which reads.

Utility for Windows Auto Play has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

I have tried going thro the CD manually to find and load the drivers etc. to no avail.

Please make some offers of help as this is driving me mad

Paranoid Android 23:51 23 Mar 2006

This sounds to me like you are running setup from the CD and it is trying to install some software and failing. You could try selecting the device in Device Manager, and tell it to update the drivers manually from there. You will need to navigate to the location on the CD where the driver is stored. This will set up just the driver without the associated applications, and it may help your problem.

Marvin

denali 09:58 24 Mar 2006

I do not know how to do the "click here"link. I had the same problem. Went to the creative site they automaticaly detected my card and downloaded the driverss. In all it took eight minutes.

Totally-braindead 11:55 24 Mar 2006

Heres the link to the Creative site, as denali says you can click the autoupdate or select your card and download the drivers, be sure you download the ones for the sound card you have click here

Totally-braindead 11:58 24 Mar 2006

I've had another look and can't find an Audigy Live card mentioned at all. I suggest you try the update first.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?