drivers have lost the sound to pc

DrLector 07:40 19 May 2009

hi
iv lost the sound on my PC, i think iv tracked it down to when i installed a web cam and new sound drivers were installed, how can i check/change this
thanks for any help

vista

birdface 08:14 19 May 2009

you can go to device manager and roll back the drivers.

birdface 08:45 19 May 2009

Sorry just checked mine and I don't think that you can roll back the driver just Uninstall it or update it.

Maybe try this to see if it can find an update for it.click here but I would wait and see what other replies that you get.

skidzy 09:01 19 May 2009

First thing is to try system restore to before you installed the webcam.

Failing that,run Belarc click here to find out what soundcard is installed under multimedia,then visit the makers website to update the driver.

If you cannot find the correct driver,just post back the info under multimedia and we can find something for you.

Hi Buteman :-)

Stuartli 10:53 19 May 2009

Have you checked from Control Panel>Sounds and Audio Devices that your on-board sound or sound card is listed as the Default device?

Also check from the General tab that Mute has not been Enabled - it's a common cause of no sound problems.

birdface 11:12 19 May 2009

Hi skidzy.We don't see you on here as often as we used to.Have you got yourself another hobby.Anyhow keep up the good work.I have learned a lot from your posts in the past and like they say we are never to old to learn.Now system restore,That is the first thing I should have thought of.Maybe there is no hope for me maybe I have already gone past my sell by date.

skidzy 19:29 19 May 2009

Your spot on mate,trying to learn a wee bit of photography at snails pace.
Spending a lot of time with editing the pics and trying various software.

Great hobby and really enjoying it,but sadly reduces my time here at PCA.
I do still pop in even to keep my hand in :-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?