Drivers For Graphics Card?

musopoet 19:10 24 Jun 2009

I'm intended to do a fresh installation of Windows shortly and I can't remember which CD driver package I need for my graphics card. Got various CDs (most are probably for old video cards I've used) can't remember which one is the correct driver CD.

How can I find out which drivers I need to install?

eric_bloodaxe 19:32 24 Jun 2009

Hi
One way might be to check the manufacturer's website for the drivers for ur card! They may be more recent files than ur CD. You can do this by just visting the site and poking around for downloads or use Device Manager to Update drivers from the Drivers Tab on the properties dialog box of the device,( Start |control Panel | performance & ... | System | Hardware tab |Device Manager [button] | expand node for device and right click then select Properties.

gazzaho 20:37 24 Jun 2009

I can't speak for ATI cards, I've never used one but if your card is Nvidia then just go to their site here click here and use the automatic process, Option 2 "Automatically find drivers for my NVIDIA products" on the page, it will detect which card you have and recommend the right drivers to download.

Terry Brown 20:59 24 Jun 2009

Download and run BELARC.
This will give you all your computer specs, so you can see what you have and need.
Terry

musopoet 11:24 25 Jun 2009

Have a problem because I don't have internet access on the PC in question therefore BELARC (although ideal)and NVIDA would not be suitable.

Regarding using the device manager there are question marks next to the devices installed - when I checked for drivers said there was no device installed!!!

gazzaho 16:49 25 Jun 2009

You could download BELARC onto a USB thumb drive on the computer you are using to access this forum, transfer and install it to your computer then with the information it gives you can do a search on the same machine for the correct drivers for your devices, download them to the USB thumb drive and transfer them to your computer.

I myself wouldn't bother with BELARC as it only lists what hardware is on the machine, you will still have to use google or similar to search for the drivers anyway. Device Manager lists what they are beside the question marks. Type that into google and add drivers to the end and it will give a list of sites you can hopefully source drivers from.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?