drivers for a FREE scanner

BIG ben strikes 10 08:32 20 Mar 2004

hi all my aunt/uncle gave me there old scanner coz they were buying a new pc and it came with scanner(better).
anyway it is a PRIVAX colorado direct 9600.Any one know how to get the drivers.(they have chucked all there old cds out(including my driver))thanks all.

Mac101 08:36 20 Mar 2004
  BIG ben strikes 10 09:03 20 Mar 2004

alot of them dont work,but im browsing,,,cheers mate.

spuds 11:28 20 Mar 2004

If the above links, do not solve the problem, try a Google search, which may help in your quest.

Your scanner is a Primax scanner and the driver can be found here click here

Belatucadrus 11:52 20 Mar 2004
  BIG ben strikes 10 08:25 21 Mar 2004

how do i actully download them becouse it appears that they are just a list of drivers??.thanks

Mac101 17:36 21 Mar 2004

Normally there's a link or a hotspot which asks if you want to download the files, wave the rodent around until a little hand appears - probably worth creating a Temp (or some such) folder to store them in and then saving them to a CD if you can; scanners can be a real pain in the backside, especially older ones so you can save some time if you already have the drivers.
Don't forget to run Windows Update every so often; this sometimes helps or use BigFix at click here.
Hope this helps

BIG ben strikes 10 16:57 22 Mar 2004

my aunty has found the cd i have installed the drivers from there.everytime i try to scan,it goes about 1/8 the way and stops.isnt there supposed to be a light in there or something that is luminus?.any suggestions.thanks.ben.or do you reckon i should post it as a new thread?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?