Drivers For Creative Zen Sleek MP3

Kilty 17:15 26 Jul 2008

I have just acquired an MP3 player, a Creative Zen Sleek 20GB, and it has everything but the Drivers CD. Does anyone know where I can download the drivers? I have already tried the Creative website, but can only find plugins and add-ons.

Thanks.

C3 17:34 26 Jul 2008

You could try plugging it in and seeing if Windows detects it correctly. I have a Creative Vision M and this works natively with Windows.

Kilty 18:17 27 Jul 2008

Tried plugging it in and windows (XP) recognises it as new hardware and asks for the CD. No sign in My Computer.

Thanks.

Ditch999 19:33 27 Jul 2008

Go to Creative Support click here
Click on "MP3 Players"
At the bottom click on the bit "If your product is not listed above click here"
Click on "Zen" in the box on the left
Click on "Zen Sleek" in the middle box and click "Next" at the bottom
Scroll to the bottom of the page and on the left select your Operating System then click on "Submit"
You then get a page which lists two drivers for your device to download.

Check which Firmware your player has before installing the software. You can also update the players Firmware at this page.

Kilty 23:11 27 Jul 2008

Thats great. Thanks for your help Ditch999! I hadn't noticed the bit at the bottom of the download page.

Thanksagain.

100andthirty 06:31 28 Jul 2008

Once you've done this..... you could go for broke and downlod the "plays for sure" firmware and update the sleek so it will work with generic drivers and with WMP. This will be necesary anyway if you upgrade at any time to Vista - and can only be done from an XP (or earlier) machine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?