Drivers

Design Print Studio 21:26 07 Apr 2007

I recently bought a philips x57 notebook pc running windows vista ultimate. As most of my games did not work on vista I decided to install xp home on my usb hard drive. I installed it onto my western digital passport 60gb and I could only boot into xp home and not vista. I think I have changed the master boot record. As I bought it from PC World the support was provided by the techguys I could not get into the hd based recovery program. Me stupidly had not created a dvd recovery disc with the reocvery media creator so i was stuck. I installed an oem copy of xp on my main hard drive deleting all my data by formatting it which I did on purpose which I hoped would fix the problem and it did but i had to get xp drivers for my laptop. I used the vista driver disc for bluetooth,mouse e.t.c. The only ones I cannot install are conexant high definition audio and nvidia geforce go 7400. I have looked for unofficial ones, gone on the hp website and they say 'Cannot find the MEDIA device for this driver'. and on the nvidia one it says 'Cannot find any drivers for your hardware'. These drivers I have just described are designed for windows xp. I think for the graphics driver I may need to get the chipset driver/gma driver. Perhaps for the audio driver there is Microsoft UAA High Definition Bus Driver but I have looked and you have to send off for. If anyone has already got it can you send it to me, thanks

Taff™ 07:32 08 Apr 2007

click here and install the free Belarc Advisor and then post back the exact details you refer to above.

Design Print Studio 11:41 08 Apr 2007

DIXONSXP Calistoga & ICH7M Chipset
System Serial Number: TW3TFCCLA703028F
Enclosure Type: Other

1.67 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache

1024 Megabytes Installed Memory

154.26 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
97.70 Gigabytes Hard Drive Free Space

Optiarc DVD RW AD-7530A [CD-ROM drive]

HTS541010G9SA00 [Hard drive] (100.03 GB) -- drive 0, s/n MP2ZXAX0KE10NS, rev MBZOC60R, SMART Status: Healthy
USB DISK 28X USB Device (1.03 GB) -- drive 2
WDC WD60 0UE-00KVT0 USB Device [Hard drive] (60.01 GB) -- drive 1

c: (NTFS on drive 0) 94.26 GB 51.20 GB free
e: (NTFS on drive 1) 60.00 GB 46.50 GB free

Board: Intel Corporation MPAD-MSAE Customer Reference Boards
Serial Number: QTFJLA70101187
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies LTD P3C52 12/07/2006

Display - None detected

Multimedia - Conexant High Definition Audio

Taff™ 07:11 10 Apr 2007

click here for the drivers you need. Sorry for the delay!

Design Print Studio 11:09 10 Apr 2007

That is the first website I went on and I still get the 'Cannot find the media device for this driver'

Taff™ 11:39 10 Apr 2007

Go to Control Panel>Sounds & Audio Devices and select the Audio Tab. In the first drop down box what is selected and what`s available?

Design Print Studio 11:48 10 Apr 2007

No playback devices
No recording devices
No midi playback devices

Cannot use 'Use only default devices'

Taff™ 12:17 10 Apr 2007

In Device Manager (Control Panel>System & Hardware Tab) do you have any Yellow Exclamation Marks? If so, right click the device and select properties. Make a note of the device name. Close properties right click the device again and select remove. Reboot the system and Windows may try to find the correct driver.

If that doesn`t make any difference try looking for the correct driver from the device manufacturer.

Design Print Studio 12:23 10 Apr 2007

That does not make any difference and conexant do not have sound drivers on their website, only modems

Taff™ 12:29 10 Apr 2007

By the way, from my first link, have you downloaded and installed the Intel chipset drivers? That might explain why you can`t see the devices. Post back as you go along. I may be away for a while but someone will offer some other advice.

Design Print Studio 12:36 10 Apr 2007

Then if I do that the internal wireless does not work

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?