drivermax problem

Muergo 15:34 30 Aug 2009

When downloading this program I get a message saying that it cannot be done in "compatibility mode".How do I get out of this mode and what are the implications?

Sea Urchin 15:45 30 Aug 2009

Presumably you are using IE8? This will show you how to deal with the DriverMax site

click here

Sea Urchin 15:46 30 Aug 2009

Not exactly what I meant - click on Compatibility View to the left

Muergo 18:09 30 Aug 2009

I have IE8 on my PC but I am not using it conciously. I have Firefox as my default browser.
I tried to download it from it's own source on Google. Perhaps I should use FileHippo or something else to find a way to get it.

This is all because I am trying to find and reboot my soundcard .
The root of my problem is that I cannot get BBC iPlayer to give me sound, the radio programs will load but not play, the TV will play video without sound.
I have renewd Real player, Flash, Java, Adobe (all) but to no avail.
The sound output from the PC is connected, the Windows themes play on start and closedown, so the wiring must be OK.

Muergo 18:55 30 Aug 2009

Found it!!! Rooting around, suddenly occurred to me to look at control panel/sound devices etc, somehow it had changed my setting from soundcard to modem for my default sound device, don't know how or why that should happen, how come a modem is on the sound devices list??

Sea Urchin 19:01 30 Aug 2009

So which browser are you using to download DriverMax - from what you say it is Firefox? So Internet Explorer 8 compatibility doesn't come into it.

Here are three alternative sites you could try downloading from - it's not available from FileHippo.

click here

click here

click here

Sea Urchin 19:02 30 Aug 2009

Glad it's sorted - ignore my last post :@)

Muergo 21:38 30 Aug 2009

Thanks again, will keep your other alternatives for future reference, did not need to use Driver max after all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?