Is DriverMagic worth having

GrumpyJ 21:04 18 Feb 2007

Hi
Can anyone tell me if this utility (DriverMagic) is worth having
Thanks

click here

sean-278262 21:12 18 Feb 2007

My opinion on the matter is no. Sound drivers, wireless drivers, graphics and after than just update the rest as and when you feel the need. Most drivers address mere stability issues or add compatibility. I find that new drivers clog up systems and leave relics behind and over time this all goes to make a computer slower.

Bookmark your hardware providers driver site and get them every couple of months if you must. For the 14 or so pounds it isnt going to save you all that much time. 80 devices merely is suggesting the 80 or so items in device manager. My laptop has a 7 in one card reader that appears as 7 separate items.

As I said just go for the list above and leave it at that. If you only use the PC for word and the internet, it is more important to keep on top of antivirus and spyware protection.

Technotiger 21:13 18 Feb 2007

Hi, in my humble opinion ... No.

Stuartli 21:13 18 Feb 2007

In view of the comparatively small number of driver updates required during the year for an average computer system it hardly seems worthwhile, especially if you have to pay for the software.

These and many other updates are freely available either from manufacturers' websites or via websites such as click here , click here , or click here immediately they are released.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?