driver_irql_not_less_or_equal

Grima_Wormtongue 11:08 06 Sep 2006

Hello

Can someone please tell me if this BSOD is always related to a software driver issue?

The first string of the bsod is 0x000000D1. I have been told this usually relates to the graphics card.

On several occasions I have performed a clean un-install and re-install of the latest Nvidia graphics card drivers (91.47) but I still get these intermittent blue screens.

It always happens when I am browsing the internet, and has not done so whilst playing any games.

I have used Memtest 86+ to check my RAM, and everything is fine after several hours of testing.

Any help on this issue greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance!

Procrastinus 12:47 06 Sep 2006

I got this regularily when using Outpost 1.0 as a firewall. Changing to Zone Alarm stopped it completely - so far ie 3 clear months. That si all I can suggest. Good Luck.

Grima_Wormtongue 12:54 06 Sep 2006

Hi 608

Thanks for your reply. I think you may be right, I am using Outpost firewall 3.51 and I am on a dual-core pc.

I have un-installed Outpost fully and installed Comodo firewall to see if I can replicate the BSOD.

Thanks again for your reply, you are a star!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?