Driver updates

Jameslayer 22:00 03 Apr 2009

Hi is anyone able to recomend a piece of software that will check all my drivers and tell me if they need updating. And then update them for me? Free is really what I want.

Cheers

James

tullie 23:39 03 Apr 2009

Cant remember the name,is it driver detective anyone?

Sea Urchin 00:07 04 Apr 2009

DriverMax - it's free and updates them for you

click here

rdave13 00:22 04 Apr 2009

If the PC is working well then I suggest you don't update any drivers until you come across a problem.

Cymro. 14:53 04 Apr 2009

It is only the initial scan that is free.
It seems to be one of those programs that tells you there are problems with your system and then expects you to pay them to get rid of the problems in this case by downloading new drivers via them. In my case they told me I needed a load of new drivers but my computer is running fine.

Sea Urchin 15:00 04 Apr 2009

I'm sorry - but you are incorrect. There is no charge whatsoever for downloading the drivers.

As I and others have said many times before when you run DriverMax it will suggest that there are updates available for virtually all your drivers. It is not saying that you NEED new drivers - only that later versions are available.

If all is running well on the PC then DO NOT download new drivers for the sake of it.

BRYNIT 15:23 04 Apr 2009

As Sea Urchin has said DriveMax is free you just have to register. The only problem is that not all drivers suggested will be suitable.

RealTek are one driver you have to check.

Example from Realtek website.

Audio drivers available for download from the Realtek website are general drivers for our audio ICs, and may not offer the customizations made by your system/motherboard manufacturer. To be sure you obtain the full features/customizations provided in your original audio product, please download the latest drivers from your system/motherboard manufacturer's website.

Jameslayer 19:42 10 Apr 2009

Thanks for the help.

iscanut 19:55 10 Apr 2009

This might be of interest click here

iscanut 19:57 10 Apr 2009

PS..However, if you are not having problems, do not worry about updating as others have said above...

emily3543 13:02 13 Apr 2009

You should update window it will solve your issue or download drivermax can be solve your issue

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone