driver for tandon monitor needed

Rubyiat 21:56 17 Jul 2003

Where can I get a driver for a Tandon TF1202 monitor(1992 but still works). This is a 14inch screen so with the black edges its a bit small to work with - even if it was a free gift. Using Windows 95.
Rubyiat

VoG II 22:00 17 Jul 2003
  High Plains Drifter 22:12 17 Jul 2003

With respect VoG I don't think it is as simple as that :-)

A long time ago [early/mid 90's] I seem to remember using a Tandon monitor , a 1204 I think?

"Fixed Frequency" is a term that comes to mind.

I think that these monitors worked on a frequency of something like 35Hz , and to get them to work required a "Fixed frequency graphics card".

A search elsewhere would probably bring up more info than I can offer but an investment in such an old piece of kit may not be worth the effort or cash with monitors so competitively priced at present.

User-312386 22:17 17 Jul 2003

i have trawled the internet on this and cant find the driver

Rubyiat 22:43 17 Jul 2003

many thanks everyone
Rubyiat

DieSse 22:54 17 Jul 2003

If it still works, then you don't need a "driver". Monitors neither need nor have drivers - they have an inf (information) file, which is a text file that simply lists the parameters the monitor can use. If there isn't a specific one for the monitor, Windows simply uses one of the many standard one sit has pre-set into it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?