Driver for Samsung R519 DVD

bemuzed 20:10 13 Jan 2010

Hi - I can not get DVD to work in SAmsung R519 notebook after upgrading to Win 7. Anyone know what model number DVD drive would be inside the notebook so i can try and download driver? I cannot see it in device manager to investigate type.

MAJ 20:14 13 Jan 2010

try this click here Windows shouldn't need drivers for your DVD drive.

bemuzed 22:31 08 Apr 2010

I've been trying tings for weeks including the instructions above but it still does not work.Thanks MAJ I tried what was in your links but it still does not work. Symptoms are:
In explorer the drive is not present. However if I open the drive it appears. When closed it disappears again. I have ried physically removing it and putting it back in, and have tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but same symptoms in it will not play discs or get recognised in xplorere and other programs. Help please, it is driving me mad.

bemuzed 21:20 25 Apr 2010

Finally solved it ny reinstalling Win 7. This time a window popped up asking me to go yo Samsung site in install firmware and some software. After trying about ten times I found you had to do the downloads in a a particular sequence before the BOIS upgraded. Now it works fine

bemuzed 21:21 25 Apr 2010

fine now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?