Driver question

Mr Beaujangles 18:02 29 Dec 2007

Hi folks, long time no see! Merry Xmas to you all.

I've been doing a scan on PC Pitstop tests site using their Driver Alert package (free scan)and it tells me that I am needing to update some drivers. I've managed to find and change the ones for my Radion X1800 but cannot find this one: NVidia (R) n force (TM) Audio codec interface 5.10.00.6270. I found a reference to it on Tech Guy support with a poster asking the very same question. Tech Guy says not to bother as it has never been updated and never will be!!!!!

Can any of you folks tell me if I really do need to update this driver and if so - where can I find it? The NVidia site is no use - their search doesn't even have a button to do the search with.

regards

Beau.

citadel 18:47 29 Dec 2007

if sound is working ok there is no need to update.

Mr Beaujangles 05:18 30 Dec 2007

Citadel, yep - the sounds are working just fine. I thought with a new codec though they might be even better - if that makes sense? Why would the scan report there is a new/updated driver if it wasn't better than the old one? Or is it just trying to drum up business so that I but the full scan package?

Cheers for your reply though.

Beau.:)

ICF 06:23 30 Dec 2007

Go here click here and select option 2 motherboard driver and let it install the active x control and it will tell you what drivers to download.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?