Driver pathway for CD-driver

the-george 18:00 09 Jan 2005

I am trying to install software that backs up the hard drive to CDs. I weant to make a floppy boot disk with the software but it is asking for the pathway to the cd-driver and I am not sure where they are to be found.
The CD-drive is a MITSUMI CR-4804TE and the system is running WinME. In device manager it says that the driver provider is Microsoft so I guess it will be a standard driver.
Any hep appreciated.

mattyc_92 18:17 09 Jan 2005

It means that you need the "installation disk" for the program you used!!!! Then just use the "browse" option to locate where the installation path is!!!

the-george 18:28 09 Jan 2005

Not sure it has anything to do with the installation disk! The backup program is trying to make a DOS boot disk that will allow re-installation of all the files on my hard drive - inc OS, from cds created by the backup program (Paragon 2004). Presumably it wants to put the cd -drivers on the floppy so that the Cd-drive can be accessed to do this and wants me to point to them.
Because it appears the driver is a standard driver I have done a file search for 'atapi' and come up with Windows/system/iosubsys/necatapi

Does this seem as though it could be right?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: UAL Central Saint Martins

MacBook Pro 15-inch (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?