Driver navigator

ponytail 11:15 13 Nov 2010

Can someone tell what this site is do they use it and is it safe to use.Not sure how it appeared on my PC.would uninstall it but would like some advise first. Thanks

click here

rdave13 12:38 13 Nov 2010

Looks like something similar to driver detective. Tries to look for any drivers update for your PC.
Possibly requiring payment.
Nearest type I've used is Driver Max but as a last resort.

GaT7 14:38 13 Nov 2010

If it appeared on your PC with no input from you then it's a potential rogue program if you ask me & not worth a moment of consideration. It's also a shareware program click here, so they will require payment at some point.

rdave13's DriverMax click here is free but not recommended to use either, except as a last resort as he rightly says. If your system is functioning OK, leave it as it is. If it's not, tell us what the problem is & we may be able to help. G

robin_x 14:58 13 Nov 2010

For any unexpected pop-up stuff, always CtrlAltDel to get into Task Manager and end the app or process.

Clicking 'No', on the pop-up box, or similar may still download malware.

If you think you may have let a virus through, or just want peace of mind, run Malwarebytes or SuperAntiSpyware. Available from cnet.com

click here is my favourite download site.
It is reputable, gives a review, rating and popularity of downloads.

For further reviews and good downloads check
gizmos click here

robin_x 14:59 13 Nov 2010

Oh and use a plugin from mywot.com for seeing if sites may be OK.

Your xentric link didn't alarm WOT, but then it didn't seem to have much info on that site.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone