Driver for Microtek FilmScan 35

xquest 23:12 03 Oct 2008

My FilmScan 35 has stopped working - perhaps one of XP's updates has caused this ? I only use the scanner about once a year, if that, so a lot has happened since the last session converting 35mm slides to .jpg. Has anyone got an up-to-date driver ? or know where I can get one ? There are several sites offering them but there seems to be a condition that you buy a 'Driver Detective' program before you can download the driver. Anyone any experience of these programs ?

MCE2K5 00:35 04 Oct 2008

Microtek FilmScan 35 XP Driver click here

ambra4 00:37 04 Oct 2008

Download from this site

click here

MCE2K5 01:04 04 Oct 2008

No 30-60 second's wait on my link xquest ;-)

ps it's the same Driver, Year 2001.

jack 12:57 04 Oct 2008

The likely hood there is no XP driver for it.
As with Vista now - when XP came out many scanners made for DOS based systems[95/98 etc] simply did not cross over-
The manufacturers tried patches etc., with little success - this is because XP and now Vista work on the NT platform and DOS based drivers simply did not work.

You would try this however
Start/Programs/Accessories/System tools/Compatibility Wizard and reset the machine to 95/98.
It has been known to work.
Failing that- New scanner.

xquest 22:14 09 Oct 2008

Thanks folks. I tried installing a new driver as recommended but still no response from the scanner. I ended up using a neighbours Epson scanner with a light lid to scan 35mm. slides.
I will try the other ideas in due course. Thanks again for your responses.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Acer Predator 21X review

14 best picture books for children

Best podcast apps for iPhone & iPad

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017