driver irql not less or equal

ForbidMetal 22:28 24 Jul 2009

Hello everyone, :)

I am currently running Windows 7 Ultimate (build 7600, my more tech savvy friend came and put it on my computer)

Anyway, I know this question has been answered before however I believe every issue with this is unique for every person.

So basically I get the BSOD every so often with it displaying that 'Driver_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' error message, which it seems to love doing.

I'm really unsure as to what it is, Iv read it could be drivers or hardware or software...so basically it could be anything, anyway here are my dumps incase any of you kind folk wish to help and take a look.

Cheers, ForbidMetal

click here
click here
click here
click here

birdface 22:45 24 Jul 2009

Drivers probably need updating.Anything showing in device manager.

woodchip 22:57 24 Jul 2009

Re: Blue screen Driver IRQL not less or equal
Jul 18th, 2008
I dont know that, can i use any other private sites link here. so i just copingy the matter that i had just read from a site.

SOLUTION:

The IDECHNDR.SYS is a driver associated with the Intel application accelerator programme. Apparently, this is a known issue.

Uninstall the programme and see if that helps.

There have been quite a few cases of the Intel application accelerator causing problems. In most cases, uninstalling the programme has helped.

Even Intel says it`s not necessarily required.

If external links are not allowed here kindly remove it from the post

For further details use the link below

click here

ForbidMetal 00:13 25 Jul 2009

Hey thanks for the replies,

@buteman, no device manager isn't displaying anything in that sense.

@Woodchip, sorry for being dumb but how do I uninstall the 'intel application accelerator'? I checked in the the 'uninstall programs' located in 'control panel' but there is no intel accelerator to speak of.

cheers,
ForbidMetal

woodchip 14:16 25 Jul 2009

is it in device manager

ForbidMetal 14:33 25 Jul 2009

[QUOTE]is it in device manager[/QUOTE]

As far as I can see it isn't, the only Intel named devices I have in device manager are my processers.

Any Idea? Am I being dense?

ForbidMetal 14:41 25 Jul 2009

I'm not sure if this is any help at all but I just clicked the 'view hidden devices' and I have 9 'generic volume' devices under the 'storage volumes' TWO of which are washed out, which would indicate out of date drivers? However I did an online search and Microsoft says they are up to date, anything there?

birdface 00:43 26 Jul 2009

You could try Driver Max but the new version will only allow you 1 or 2 driver updates a day on the free version.But may be worth trying just to see what it finds.

VOT Productions 15:28 26 Jul 2009

Hi, have you overclocked your processor to make the computer say it's a different one? That could the problem.

ForbidMetal 17:12 26 Jul 2009

Thanks again for these replies, I appriecate it.

@buteman
I'v downloaded DriverMax and it's found 4 out of date drivers, one for realtek audio, one for my mouse, one for my a 'USB Input Device' and another for a 'family fast ethernet NIC'.

Obviously DriverMax has a download limit so by tomorrow or the next day I should have all downloaded and installed

@PCHelper

No I have never overclocked anything in my PC

ForbidMetal 21:20 28 Jul 2009

Hey everyone, still no luck, still crashing.

Im just waiting these days for drivermax to let me update all my (2 now) outdated drivers, to see if that's the problem however while I'm waiting does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thank you,

ForbidMetal

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?